Morgan Sindle

Morgan+Sindle

Q: How does it feel to be named Salutatorian of the Class of 2021? What was your initial reaction to the news? 

A: “It feels amazing to be named Salutatorian. It came as a complete shock to me. Throughout high school, I always did my best not to compare myself to my peers and not to ask others about their grades or GPAs, so I truly had no idea what my rank was. I was thrilled when I learned the news because it felt like a rewarding culmination of my effort and dedication over the years.”

Q: What was your work ethic like throughout high school? How did you juggle schoolwork and extracurriculars? 

A: “I always put in 100% effort into my academics, but I also reserved time and energy for myself for extracurriculars and activities outside of school. I was able to recognize when I was overexerting myself with schoolwork and when I should focus more time on my extracurriculars and hobbies. By doing so, I was able to improve my academics as well because I balanced my academic obligations with things that make me happy.”

Q: What are the academic achievements you are most proud of?

A: “I am most proud of how I have never given up, even when faced with challenges. When I am struggling in a class, I make sure to ask questions and ask for help in order to improve not only my knowledge of the topics in the class but also my understanding and progress as a student.”

Q: What is some academic advice you have for the rising classes at WE?

A: “One of the most important pieces of advice I can give to the rising classes at WE is to both challenge yourself and recognize your limits. I am so grateful that I chose to take difficult courses each year that I knew would challenge me because I grew intellectually and as a student as a result. However, it is also necessary to realize when you need a break. I am also grateful that I chose to take electives I enjoyed and carved out free time for myself because by doing so, I made my high school experience more memorable and enjoyable.”