The Wessex Wire

The Student News Site of West Essex Regional High School

The Wessex Wire

The Wessex Wire

Varsity Media Day: Winter ’24

Captains and coaches from winter varsity sports get on the mic with Managing Editor JJ Rella to talk about team goals, personal victories and lasting memories.

Boys Basketball

Editor: Carly Levitt

Back to top

Esports

Editor: Wire staff

Back to top

Fencing

Editor: Eliana Rosen

Back to top

Girls Basketball

Editors: Brooke Cheifitz and Justin Misher

Back to top

Ice Hockey

Editor: Logan Goldstein

Back to top

Swim

Editor: Ryan Conway

Back to top

Winter Track

Editor: Sophia Duarte

Back to top

Wrestling

Editor: JJ Rella

Back to top

Behind the Bylines
JJ Rella
JJ Rella, Managing Editor
JJ Rella is a 2023-2024 Managing Editor for the Wessex Wire. When he isn't playing baseball he's most likely watching the Yankees game at home. He spends a lot of time watching and following other professional sports too, with his other favorite teams being the Packers and Knicks. He also never takes off his wireless beats headphones, listening to Tyler, The Creator, Drake, Frank Ocean and more on timeless loops.
Ryan Conway
Ryan Conway, Sports Editor
Ryan is a Sports Editor for the Wessex Wire (Class Of '24) that likes sports and video games. Usually raging about the Mets or Jets, Ryan enjoys bonding with friends and family, and discussing sports with others.
Sophia Duarte
Sophia Duarte, Apprentice Editor
Sophia Duarte is an Apprentice for the Wessex Wire. In the summer, she spends time with her family in Portugal. She enjoys watching sports, working out, reading, and hanging out with friends. She also loves listening to country music, especially Morgan Wallen.
Carly Levitt
Carly Levitt, Apprentice Editor
Carly Levitt is an Apprentice Editor for the Wessex Wire. She enjoys playing tennis, hanging out with friends, and watching the New York Giants. Carly enjoys listening to Taylor Swift and loves spending her summers at camp.
Eliana Rosen
Eliana Rosen, Editor in Chief
Eliana Rosen is an Editor in Chief of the 2023-2024 Wessex Wire. When she isn’t spending time with friends and family, she is probably listening to Taylor Swift and Noah Kahan on repeat. She spends her summers at Camp Ramah in the Poconos, her home away from home.   
Brooke Cheifetz
Brooke Cheifetz, Apprentice Editor
Brooke Cheifetz is a 2023-2024 Apprentice Editor for the Wessex Wire. She enjoys playing soccer, watching the New York Yankees and New York Jets, and spending time with her friends. She loves listening to music, especially Luke Combs, Harry Styles, and Taylor Swift.
Justin Misher
Justin Misher, Apprentice Editor
Justin Misher is a 2023-2024 Apprentice Writer for the Wessex Wire. He enjoys watching the Knicks, Giants and Mets, hanging out with friends and going down the shore. His favorite food is steak and his favorite TV show is Friends.
Logan Goldstein
Logan Goldstein, Visual Media Editor
Logan Goldstein is a Junior visual media editor at West Essex. She loves to listen to music and play soccer!