Jenna Chan Q&A

By Lauren Czachor, Contributer

Sophomore Jenna Chan has performed alongside the track team’s upperclassmen runners since her freshman year. Regardless of her short tenure with the team, Chan has already defeated school records – setting the time for the triple jump. She looks forward to the next two years with the team and continuing her relentless performance.

Q: Being only a sophomore, how does it feel setting the school record for the triple jump?

Jenna Chan: This was the first year I have done triple jump and I came into this season excited to learn a new event. I am very excited to hold the school record as only a sophomore and I hope to continue to break my record in future meets.

Q: What has doing track taught you?

Jenna Chan: Track has not only helped me as an athlete, but, it taught me what it means to be apart of a team. I could not have pushed myself everyday without the encouragement of my teammates and coaches.

Q: What are your goals for the next two years on the team?

Jenna Chan: My goals for the next two years is to continue to get better and push myself as an athlete. I hope to qualify for nationals this year, or by my senior year in Long Jump. My longest jump this season was 18’1.5 in. Qualifying jump is 18’6 in. for emerging elite.

Q: Do you see track running in your future?

Jenna Chan: I am not against doing track in college, however, if a college presents a scholarship opportunity, I will consider running or jumping in college.

Q: How is the team preparing for Nationals?

The team is preparing for Nationals by continuing to work hard everyday. For the shuttle hurdle relay, my teammates and I work on passing zones and working on our technique.